When it comes to attacks from the President on Twitter, no one is safe.
Trump unleashed a firestorm of criticism directed at USWNT star Megan Rapinoe Wednesday after she told reporters she wouldn't visit the White House if her team wins the 2019 Women's World Cup.
"I'm not going to the fucking White House," Rapinoe told Eight by Eight. "We're not going to be invited," the co-captain said in a video from behind the scenes of a cover story shoot for the soccer magazine.
"[Trump] tries to avoid inviting a team that might decline. Or, like he did when the Warriors turned him down, he'll claim they hadn't been invited in the first place," she said in an interview with the magazine.
Eight by Eight shared the video on Twitter Tuesday, which according to the New York Times was recorded in January when the photoshoot took place. The issue was recently released in May and an online version of the story appeared on the publication's website in June.
Not one to let insults slide, Trump took to his favorite social media platform to respond to Rapinoe's comments with a series of nonsensical replies.
In his swift response, Trump didn't bother checking to make sure he was tagging the correct Megan Rapinoe. Instead of tagging the soccer player, he instead tagged another Megan Rapinoe (though the president has since corrected his tweets).
Fortunately, the "other" Megan Rapino took it in stride. Finding her Twitter overwhelmed by people who'd clicked her account after reading Trump's tweet, she decided to let the world know just what she thought of the president's taking the real Rapinoe to task:
Rapinoe's responses quickly went viral, with Twitter users praising her clap back.
This isn't the first time Trump has mistakenly tagged the wrong person during one is his Twitter outbursts. In January, he tagged a high school girl in a tweet in which he intended to call out Fox News reporter Gillian Turner.
Like Rapinoe, the mistakenly identified Jillian Turner took the incident in stride.
"Like how does that even happen," she wrote in another tweet. "One in a million chance."
- Time to throw your support behind the U.S. women's soccer team ... ›
- 'Fight Song' singer Rachel Platten designed a stylish new pin for a ... ›
- Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers each pledged $1 million to charity ... ›
- 11 pictures that show why the U.S. women's soccer team deserves a ... ›
- 6 things to know about this year's Women's World Cup even if you're ... ›
- These women won the World Cup. They're still angry. You would be ... ›
- The next time someone uses the R-word in front of you, quote NFL ... ›
- LGBTQ athletes don't hold back in ESPN's awesomely inclusive ... ›
- 30 years ago this university gave Trump a degree. Now the faculty ... ›
- A Muslim woman had a clever response to Trump's latest ... ›
- 14 years ago Trump gave an inspiring speech about walls ... ›
- Trump said he hasn't cried since childhood. Here's why that's ... ›
- Watch Ellen DeGeneres brilliantly explain why she won't have ... ›
- Vets are outraged over Trump's self-congratulatory Memorial Day ... ›
- Trump's tweet about the breastfeeding resolution was complete ... ›
- Howard Stern predicted exactly what would happen to Trump as ... ›
- 15 companies that took bold stands against Trump's immigration ban. ›
- It's Donald Trump's birthday today. Let's join these people in ... ›
- Megan Rapinoe ›
- Megan Rapinoe Refuses To Apologize For The USWNT's Crime Of ... ›
- Megan Rapinoe: My national anthem protests are an 'F you' to ... ›
- US soccer star Megan Rapinoe says she will 'probably never sing ... ›
- Megan Rapinoe, USWNT's 'walking protest,' on activism, kneeling ... ›
- Megan Rapinoe (@mrapinoe) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Megan Rapinoe | USWNT | U.S. Soccer Official Site ›
- Megan Rapinoe - Home | Facebook ›
- Donald Trump - Los Angeles Times ›
- Donald Trump - CNBC ›
- Donald Trump - Wikipedia ›
- The Trump Organization | Luxury Real Estate Portfolio ›
- Home | Donald J. Trump for President ›
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter ›