A neighborhood mom thought she caught her teen babysitter smoking and was hilariously wrong.
Anyone with a Nextdoor account knows that there are some terribly nosy neighbors out there. There are also a lot of folks who love to complain … about everything.
These lookiloos can also be especially suspicious about what the local teenagers are doing.
Sarah Holderr, a teenager from Kansas, babysits for her neighbor Amy.
One day, Sarah received a text from Amy saying that her husband, Randy, caught her smoking while driving her car. First thing is that Randy should have minded his own business.
Secondly, if he has a problem with her smoking, he could have talked to her about it personally. There's no need to narc on her to his wife.
In the text, she refers to a "a cigar of some sort," which seems like she was accusing Sarah of smoking a blunt — a cigar with weed rolled into it. Which kinda makes sense because it's pretty rare to see a teenage girl smoking a cigar.
Even though she was being accused of an illegal act by Amy, Sarah responded with good humor, admitting that, in fact, she was only eating a taquito.
"I feel bad because in my opinion [my neighbor] is crazy nice and I get where she's coming from," Sarah told BuzzFeed News. "She hasn't responded, I'm assuming out of embarrassment."
Sarah posted the interaction on Twitter where it completely blew up, earning over 280,000 likes. And, of course, the folks on twitter had a lot to say about Amy and her nosy hubby.
my whole neighborhood gossiping about my "smoking habit" ..... pic.twitter.com/EuqBMpS7YJ
— sar (@sarahholderr) February 11, 2017
let amy know randy might run some kids over in his mower with his shitty eyesight
— Deedee Megadoodoo (@comedydog) February 12, 2017
I think I hate Amy and randy
— vargz (@austinvargo) February 12, 2017
she sounds like a white mom who will write a strongly worded letter to your manager
— HIFISLUT (@HIFISLUT) February 13, 2017
love me a good ol' Cuban taquito
— Eric Kowalik (@EricKowalik) February 13, 2017
aside from that being a taquito, I'd tell your helicopter mommy neighbors to mind their own damned business
— val-holla! (@ValerieSprague) February 13, 2017
my son smoking his taquito in Mexico over Christmas break lol pic.twitter.com/BqyRo8koYP
— SG (@momlikestonap) February 22, 2017
did you hand tequitos out to all the neighborhood kids ?
— Nikki (@nikscene) February 12, 2017
lmao Randy out here scoping younger women
— OFF ROUTE (@onlinepresent) February 13, 2017
- Smoking Does WHAT To Your Breasts? 5 More Reasons Not To ... ›
- When Your Mom Catches You Smoking In The Bathroom ... ›
- Condom snorting? Eating Tide Pods? Don't believe the viral hype ... ›
- 90% of smokers start before they turn 18. Will this legislation help ... ›
- These anti-smoking ads were — wait for it — paid for by ... ›
- Your teen doesn't want to wake up. Now, scientists are on their side ... ›
- 5 real talk ways to teach your teens about safe sexting. - Upworthy ›
- Why it matters that more college students now smoke pot than ... ›
- His teacher said 'no phones.' This kid's response was amazing ... ›
- Here's why 16 million U.S. kids can buy and smoke cigarettes legally ... ›
- The 'Best Anti-Smoking Ad Ever' was made 8 years ago, but is just as relevant today - Upworthy ›
- Surprise nanny reunion after 25 years is bringing people to tears - Upworthy ›
- Adolescents and Tobacco: Trends | HHS.gov ›
- Smoking and Youth: MedlinePlus ›
- Smokefree Teen: Home ›
- Teens and Smoking Health Risks ›
- Know the Risks | Smokefree Teen ›
- Smoking (for Teens) - KidsHealth ›
- 11 Facts About Teen Smoking | DoSomething.org ›
- Tobacco Use among Children and Teens | American Lung Association ›
- Youth and Tobacco Use | CDC ›
- Teen smoking: 10 ways to keep teens smoke-free - Mayo Clinic ›