With the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to be felt around the world, many people are struggling to meet their basic needs. Unemployment is at an all-time high and an alarming number of families are facing food insecurity.
To bring greater awareness to these struggles, particularly for those in under-developed and conflict-affected countries, a group of professional chefs are coming together to share their favorite recipes from across the globe this World Food Day (October 16).
"More Than a Meal" is a collection of recipes from around the globe developed in partnership by World Vision, a global aid and development agency, and The Chefs' Manifesto, a network of chefs advocating good food for all.
"Food really is life. It brings people together and importantly, good, nutritious food, and plenty of it, ensures children are able to survive and thrive," said Marcus Frost, World Vision's partnership leader for marketing and communications.
Recipes include those from both Michelin Star chefs and families living in many of the countries where World Vision works, and represent a wide variety of cuisines. Some examples are Macaroni Egg Soup from Indonesia and Imvungure, a traditional Rwandan recipe using maize.
"We hope these recipes and the stories behind them encourage people to look at places such as Syria as more than just humanitarian crises. These countries are children's homes, often filled with memories and traditions passed down through generations," Frost said.
- "We're all pretty much family": Lowrider club pays off $1,000 in ... ›
- Las Vegas Raiders pay off $500,000 in school lunch debt across ... ›
- Jon Bon Jovi opens JBJ Soul Kitchen at Rutgers University to help ... ›
- Oprah just donated $10 Million to combat the epidemic and fight ... ›
- Frito-Lay and Feed the Children partner to help provide food to ... ›
- food insecurity ›
- You may think you know what food insecurity looks like, but you ... ›
- Do you know what it means to be food insecure? These 7 facts may ... ›
- Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley donate 1 million meals ... ›
- Do you know what food insecurity looks like? This woman's story ... ›
- 7 places around the world that have their own Thanksgiving-like ... ›
- The science of period cravings - Upworthy ›
- April 15, 2015, was an incredible day for workers around the world ... ›
- Chinampas: What they are, how they work, and why they matter ... ›
- 101 ways to take care of yourself when the world feels overwhelming. ›
- The San Antonio Food Bank was swamped by 10,000 families in ... ›
- These 15 projects show how we could feed the world sooner rather ... ›
- Candace Owens gets roasted for saying she goes to Whole Food ... ›
- Is trying to be eco-friendly stressing you out? These tips may help ... ›
- Why the World Food Programme's 2020 Nobel Peace Prize is totally ... ›
- The COVID-19 crisis has already left too many children hungry in ... ›
- GAO-19-95, FOOD INSECURITY: Better Information Could Help ... ›
- Battling food insecurity during a pandemic ›
- Hunger & Food Insecurity in America | Feeding America ›
- Food Insecurity In The U.S. By The Numbers : NPR ›
- Key Statistics & Graphics - USDA ERS ›
- Food Insecurity in America: Causes and Solutions | Feeding America ›
- Definitions of Food Security - USDA ERS ›
- What Is Food Insecurity in America? | Hunger and Health ›
- Food Insecurity | Healthy People 2020 ›
- World Food Day 2020 - YouTube ›
- World Food Day St. Louis: Team Building, Feeding the Hungry ›
- WORLD FOOD DAY - October 16, 2020 | National Today ›
- WORLD FOOD DAY - October 16 - National Day Calendar ›
- World Food Day - Wikipedia ›
- World Food Day (16th October) | Days Of The Year ›
- worldfooddayusa.org - This website is for sale! - worldfooddayusa ... ›
- Theme | World Food Day | Food and Agriculture Organization of the ... ›
- World Food Day 2020 | Oxfam ›
- Home | World Food Day | Food and Agriculture Organization of the ... ›