There are creative, romantic proposals, and then there's this one.
Lee Loechler recently proposed to his girlfriend, Sthuthi David, by taking her to a packed theater to see her favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty. Little did she know that Loechler had spent six months altering the animation of the film's most iconic scene, changing the characters to look like the couple themselves and altering the storyline to set up his Big Question. And that's only the beginning.
Watching David's face during the scene change is sheer delight, as her confused look proves that she has no clue what is about to happen. The set-up is great, but the magical moment when Loechler's illustrated self tosses the engagement ring to his real-life self? That's when we all toss up our hands and say, "OKAY, man. You win at proposing. Everyone else must bow before you now."
The whole proposal—the re-illustrations, the heart jokes (David is a cardiologist), and the bride-to-be's surprise when she finds surrounded by her friends and family—it's all perfection. Just watch:
Sleeping Beauty Proposal www.youtube.com
Amazing, right? Lee Loechler has set the bar ridiculously high, but even the most cynical among us have to give him props for his creativity.
Reddit users' responses to the video are hilarious, and reflect what we all feel watching this masterpiece.
"Welp this guy went and did it, theres no point in any of us proposing now he's out done us all." - XXLpeanuts
"I was just gonna propose to my girlfriend in the Starbucks parking lot where I first told her I loved her. Welp, that ain't gonna do anymore..." - mattrva
"I proposed to my wife in front of Disney Castle in Orlando and I've never felt less proud about it than after watching this video lol. For real though this is one of the best proposals I've ever seen, bravo." - thenaniwatiger
"I thought I was smooth with my bridge and lilyponds on a blacksand beach in Hawaii..... this guy just went and rewrote theatrical history, broke the forth wall, made a 4th dimensional joke and timed it perfectly, made a highbrow doctors joke, conspired with the internet, and filled a theater with family and friends." - ooooopium
"Goddamn I am cold, cynical bastard and you just warmed my heart with how hard you just crushed it, my dude. I'll say it. I am flat out envious." - Dr_Frasier_Bane
Congratulations and best wishes to the lovely couple. May you truly live happily ever after.
- Brilliant artist 'Disneyfies' people's pets into Disney characters ›
- Brilliant artist 'Disneyfies' people's pets into Disney characters - Upworthy ›
- 'Tipsy cook' shares her brilliant egg-peeling hack that saves time AND finger burns - Upworthy ›
- A clever family's cake cutting hack will completely change your birthdays from now on - Upworthy ›
- Man enlists the help of a cockatoo for one of the most unique proposals ever caught on video - Upworthy ›
- People are wigging out over these nearly-identical scenes from different Disney movies - Upworthy ›
- Someone realized these scenes from different Disney movies are identical and you can't unsee it - Upworthy ›
- A Disney fan complained that 'wokeness is ruining' the Magic Kingdom and the responses are great - Upworthy ›
- The world's largest jewelry brand is ditching mined diamonds for lab-grown bling - Upworthy ›