Scores of songs have been tossed around as pandemic playlist must-haves, from "Stayin' Alive" to "It's the End of the World as We Know It." But one song that belongs on everyone's list, for obvious reasons, is "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by The Police. HA.
Sting joined forces with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots for a socially distanced performance of the song on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and it's perfection. First of all, it's easy to forget that Jimmy Fallon can seriously sing. Second of all, who knew you could use a Connect Four game, a pillow, and a pair of scissors as instruments?! I mean, it's The Roots. I shouldn't be surprised. They're amazing. But still—impressive. Third, Sting is flippin' 68 years old and out here looking like he's never going to age like the rest of us. No fair.
The whole thing just works. Enjoy our new social distance theme song:
Jimmy Fallon, Sting & The Roots Remix "Don't Stand So Close to Me" (At-Home Instruments) www.youtube.com
- John Krasinski gathered the original Hamilton cast on Zoom to ... ›
- Hamilton cast members performed a perfect pandemic parody: 'The ... ›
- Jack Black's improvisational 'Quarantine Dance' has taken the ... ›
- Antique store owner stunned by mystery piano player found him and gave him the instrument - Upworthy ›
- Jimmy Fallon asked people to share why their family is weird ›
- Jimmy Fallon asked people to share why their family is weird - Upworthy ›
- Jimmy Fallon helped an 80-year-old Dua Lipa superfan make his dream come true and it's pure joy - Upworthy ›
- Jimmy Fallon congratulates Questlove for his Oscar win - Upworthy ›