Hilarious lost gem from the early '90s wants to sell you a headset for your landline phone
The '90s were a wild ride!
What was even happening in the '90s? I'm not sure we know. Somehow everything was beige but people wore all the colors of the rainbow at the same time. Everything seemed to be in some sort of geometrical shape or pattern. Overlapping triangles, random trapezoids. It was madness I tell you, madness. But nothing encompasses the chaos of the '90s like this unearthed and unintentionally hilarious advertisement for a headset to connect to your phone.
The idea seems to be to stop consumers from holding their phones between their shoulder and head. For some reason avoiding a crick in your neck was very important. How long were those phone calls? Boy would people from the '90s be shocked if they were dropped into 2022 where people avoid phone calls at all costs. The ad isn't completely useless in our current place in the space-time continuum. It's certainly good for a much-needed raised eyebrow chuckle. You can always count on 1993 being weird, no matter how far in the future we go.
- 25 nostalgic memes about growing up in the 1990s that today's kids ... ›
- 'Top Gun: Maverick' is drumming up intense Gen X nostalgia ... ›
- '90s trends people want back - Upworthy ›
- People are sharing specific childhood memories on Reddit - Upworthy ›
- This case of mistaken identity is pure gold and a must-watch - Upworthy ›
- AT&T's 1993 ads correctly predicted the future - Upworthy ›