A Patagonia employee breastfed her baby in a meeting. Her male VP's response is a masterclass in workplace values.
Talk about a "family-friendly workplace."
Patagonia has taken "family-friendly workplace" to a whole new level, and people are noticing.
The outdoor clothing and gear company has made a name for itself by putting its money where its mouth is. From creating backpacks out of 100% recycled materials to donating their $10 million tax cut to fight climate change to refusing to sell to clients who harm the environment, Patagonia leads by example.
That dedication to principle is clear in its policies for parents who work for them, as evidenced by a viral post from Holly Morisette, a recruiter at Patagonia.
- Breastfeeding Mom Praises Patagonia for Not Forcing Her to ... ›
- The relationship of bottle feeding and other sucking behaviors with ... ›
- Patagonia VP says you can't measure the... - California ... ›
- Isotopic evidence of weaning in hunter-gatherers from the late ... ›
- Employer Spotlights ›
- Patagonia's CEO Explains How To Make On-Site Child Care Pay ... ›
- Strong Families Build Strong Businesses – The Cleanest Line ›
- Patagonia VP's Comment to a Breastfeeding Employee Deserves a ... ›
- Why Should Employers Care About Families? – The Cleanest Line ›
- Male VP's 'ROI' Comment to Mom Breastfeeding During Meeting ... ›