By now, we've all seen the many conspiracy theories about the coronavirus pandemic floating around (Plandemic, anyone?), but medical conspiracy theories are nothing new. In fact, most of the anti-vaccine movement is predicated on a couple of them, which are getting a lot of attention right now:
1) Pharmaceutical companies are big, money-grabbing corporations (which is arguably true) and therefore doctors and medical associations recommend people get vaccinated are all part of the Big Pharma conspiracy to fool the masses into paying them big money (arguably not true).
- Man who has 'recovered' from COVID-19 explains how its impact ... ›
- Breaking down the conspiracy theory mindset at the heart of climate ... ›
- That 'Plandemic' conspiracy video has been thoroughly debunked ... ›
- Hug curtains seem like a sweet way to hug loved ones—but they may not actually be safe - Upworthy ›
- A pandemic prep expert's poop-in-the-pool analogy explains people's concerns with reopening - Upworthy ›