Your first period is always a weird one. You know it's going to happen eventually, but you're not always expecting it. One day, everything is normal, then BAM. Puberty hits you in a way you can't ignore.
One dad is getting attention for the incredibly supportive way he handled his daughter's first period. "So today I got 'The Call,'" Maverick Austin started out a Facebook post that has now gone viral.
The only thing is, Austin didn't know he got "the call." His 13-year-old thought she pooped her pants. At that age, your body makes no sense whatsoever. It's a miracle every time you even think you know what's going on.
- Telling dad about a daughter's period: parenting advice from Care ... ›
- My dad jokes about my first period - BBC News ›
- Parents are throwing their daughters period parties ›
- The secret to… preparing your daughter for her periods | Life and ... ›
- BBC News - 'My comedian dad jokes about my first period on stage ... ›
- My autistic daughter coped with getting her first period much better ... ›
- Mom's Homemade First-Period Kit for Her Daughter Goes Viral for ... ›
- BBC One - How one single dad dealt with his daughter's first period ... ›
- How one single dad dealt with his daughter's first period ›
- A Dad Found Out His Daughter Got Her Period For the First Time ... ›
- Dad praised for the brilliant way he handled his daughter's first period ›
- Hey, dads! Are you ready for your daughter's first period? ›
- Dads, Daughters and Menstruation: How to Survive Your Daughter's ... ›
- What dad needs to know about his daughter's first period - Banner ... ›
- Father's Experience With Daughter's First Period | POPSUGAR Family ›