The first day of school can be both exciting and scary at the same time — especially if it's your first day ever, as was the case for a nervous four-year-old in Wisconsin. But with a little help from a kind bus driver, he was able to get over his fear.
Axel was "super excited" waiting for the bus in Augusta with his mom, Amy Johnson, until it came time to actually get on.
"He was all smiles when he saw me around the corner and I started to slow down and that's when you could see his face start to change," his bus driver, Isabel "Izzy" Lane, told WEAU.
The scared boy wouldn't get on the bus without help from his mom, so she picked him up and carried him aboard, trying to give him a pep talk.
"He started to cling to me and I told him, 'Buddy, you got this and will have so much fun!'" Johnson told Fox 7.
- https://www.upworthy.com/can-we-just-stop-with-manic-pixie-dream ... ›
- One man's way of facing homelessness is changing an entire ... ›
- Let's talk about the good stuff that happened this week, not the bad ... ›
- Bus driver holds nervous boy's hand on first day of school - ABC News ›
- Sweet photo shows school bus driver comforting little boy on first ... ›
- Bus driver holds hand of crying child on first day of school ... ›
- Mom captures heartwarming photo of son holding bus driver's hand ... ›
- Picture goes viral of bus driver holding hand of child nervous about ... ›
- Bus Driver Holds Hand Of Scared Boy On First Day Of School ... ›
- Photo of Wisconsin bus driver holding boy's hand on first day goes ... ›
- Bus driver holds nervous boy's hand on first day of school ... ›
- Wisconsin Bus Driver Holds Nervous 4-Year-Old's Hand on First ... ›
- Bus Driver Holds Nervous 4-Year-Old's Hand on First School Day ... ›