Anna Lappé is an author and activist. Her TEDx talk will open your eyes about what the food industry gets away with.
- 1:14 How her daughter's obsession with one particular person made her realize what was happening.
- 2:20 Can you guess how much money the food industry spends marketing to kids?
- 3:15 There's even a term for the way they make children more annoying.
- 3:55 Find out just how many thousands of ads kids see if they watch a regular amount of television.
- 4:30 Here's why just turning off the TV isn't a solution.
- 4:50 Learn which school supplies are now sponsored by junk food.
- 5:54 Find out how companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsi are straight-up conning school communities to buy their products.
- 6:47 Here's what she finds most upsetting.
- 8:10 And here's how they get even more information about kids.
- 9:30 She talks about the life and death consequences that hang in the balance with this issue.
- 10:24 We're seeing the most depressing innovations in health care now thanks to the food industry.
- 12:00 You'll never believe where McDonald's wanted to advertise.
- 13:01 Find out who's fighting these food behemoths and saving generations to come.