"The school system is broken. It may be broken beyond repair."
Talented, dedicated teachers are leaving public schools because the system makes it too hard to truly educate kids.
When I studied to become a teacher in college, I learned what education can and should be. I learned about educational psychology and delved into research about how to reach different learners, and couldn't wait to put that knowledge into practice in the classroom.
- Why Amy Adams' silence on equal pay in Hollywood speaks ... ›
- Jon Hamm wrote an essay that restaurant workers and teachers will ... ›
- My daughter's teacher brought her political agenda to the classroom ... ›
- 600,000 kids could've missed a meal with schools closed. But these ... ›
- Dear North Carolina: Arming teachers with guns is a spectacularly ... ›
- There's a historic teachers strike going on across West Virginia ... ›
- These Teacher Appreciation Week tributes are ridiculously ... ›
- Oklahoma's governor compared teachers to bratty teens. We should ... ›
- A teacher asked a great question about superintendent pay. Then ... ›
- In a heartfelt post, an educator shows us exactly how poorly we pay ... ›
- A Teacher Shared Her Salary, and a Stranger Started a School ... ›
- Texas teacher pay emerges as a sticking point between House and ... ›
- Which States Have the Highest and Lowest Teacher Salaries ... ›
- High School Teacher Salary Information | US News Best Jobs ›
- Teacher pay | Economic Policy Institute ›
- Teacher Salaries in America – Niche Blog ›
- Low teacher salary forces teachers to work multiple jobs, sleep in car ›
- America's teacher shortage, driven by low pay, is 'worse than we ... ›
- Average Teacher Salary Down 4.5% Over the Past Decade ›
- Teachers Pay Teachers: Teaching Resources & Lesson Plans ›