Stillbirth after the 20-week mark happens to approximately one in 100 pregnancies. Approximately 24,000 babies are born stillbirth each year. And while stillbirths are rare, the experience can be emotionally painful for those who have to go through it.
Last month, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend lost their third child, Jack, at 20 weeks. Teigen suffered a partial placenta abruption, a rare diagnosis in which the placenta and the lining of the uterus separate. It prevents the fetus from receiving oxygen and nutrients and causes bleeding in the mother. Now, Teigen is opening up about her experiences with the loss in a heart wrenching Medium essay.
- A Chrissy Teigen tweet sparked a great convo about maiden names ... ›
- Jennifer Garner and Chrissy Teigen's 'feud' over a nanny gets worse ... ›
- Woman opens up about Chrissy Teigen paying her college fees: 'It ... ›
- 5 moments that gave us hope in 2020 ›
- Chrissy Teigen celebrates her freedom after being unfollowed on Twitter by President Biden - Upworthy ›