The bigots who used this in the 1960s to slow down civil rights legislation no longer are forced to talk to stop legislation. Mr. Smith, the most famous guy to do this ever, is now a cousin of Bigfoot. I'm talking about the filibuster. You probably think you know how it works. You're most likely wrong though. But that can change, with a simple rule change this Wednesday, January 21st.
- See slide 8 to learn about bigots being role models (really awful ones, but role models nonetheless).
- Gasp in horror at slide 12 to see how it works today.
- At slide 24, we learn how truly lazy the majority is, regardless of party.
- At slide 34, we learn why 1917 was a really bad year.
- At slide 38, we learn why this period of obstructionism is the worst in our history, breaking a 65-year-old record.
- Finally, at slide 41, we get to the part where we learn what REALLY can be done.
If our senators change the rules, both parties, regardless of who is in charge, will be forced to actually stand up and REALLY filibuster. Click here to learn more and ask your senator to support it. Then share this. It's way more important than you think it is.