Sanitation worker captured on video helping 88-year-old woman carry her trash bin to her house
A sanitation worker near Kansas City, Missouri is inspiring others with his kind act that was caught on camera.
Billy Shelby, 50, was collecting trash when he witnessed Opal Zucca, 88, fall trying to bring her bin back to her house. So for the last 10 months, he's been doing it for her to make sure it never happens again.
Zucca's daughter, Colette Kingston, found out what Shelby was doing thanks to video from her mother's Ring surveillance camera. Inspired by Shelby's big heart, Kingston shared the video on Facebook, which shows the man holding Zucca's hand and chatting with her as they walk up her driveway.[facebook https://www.facebook.com/colette.kingston/videos/10157439423166067/?__xts__=68.ARAscWKURe6rWEKLRnQ_5sWIi4WcZIEEKnOrHMI_SQdqBABzCvAx0424B00HLADEN7jv-T000f7zbTnxj07wUCSwjlkiZ9YynvDvr3Pl3VbTgtFldJtZyQZLQucNcqefmGbsCe8poRbKaZ4mSRnDh1iibGs_Bbt5yOvcUzGuuhobKnTBWC3HQ44qBGL-1gPut0ppiODGWE4Bh5mRlfIDi8RNZKI4Ag&__tn__=-R expand=1]
"God bless you as always, darling!" Shelby says to Zucca. "You're looking good. That hair! You got it down!"
RELATED: Toddler melts hearts with adorable video describing being adopted: 'My heart fell in love with you'
Kingston explained how grateful she was to have Shelby helping her mom. "He demonstrates such care for her. It takes a village - such a small kind gesture but leaves [an] enormous relief for us. Thank you kind sir," she wrote.
Shelby, who's been driving the garbage truck for eight years, told Fox 4 he genuinely likes people and wants to spread joy anywhere he can.
"Here it is: I drive a trash truck. That's it. But even with that being said, I still can be the best person I can be and it can help somebody through their day.
"I just believe in good energy, man. If you give it out, more than likely that's what you're going to get back."
The video of Shelby and Zucca has been shared on Facebook over a thousand times, with hundreds of comments.
"There ARE good people everywhere," one person wrote.
"What a sweet man…love seeing this," someone else commented.
"We need more kind gentle people such as you Sir. Thank you for the blessings you give to this sweet lady and others we don't know about," another person added.
Shelby, who happens to be a huge Chiefs fan, caught the attention of a former player who wanted to return the goodwill, so he surprised him with two tickets to an upcoming game.
- A Sanitation Worker Helps an Elderly Woman with Her Trash Bin ›
- 'I always try to make her smile': Sanitation worker helps 88-year-old ... ›
- Kind sanitation worker always helps elderly woman with dementia ... ›
- 'It brought tears to my eyes': Sanitation worker walks elderly woman ... ›
- Sanitation worker caught on camera going out of his way to help 88 ... ›
- Doorbell Camera Catches Act Of Kindness As Sanitation Worker ... ›
- Doorbell Camera Captures Sanitation Worker's Kindness to Elderly ... ›
- Caught on camera: Sanitation worker helps elderly woman - YouTube ›
- Caught on camera: Sanitation worker helps elderly woman - CBS ... ›
- Missouri sanitation worker caught on camera helping 88-year-old ... ›