Think there's nothing cool about NASA these days? Think again.
Despite funding cuts, they push the limits of human exploration, sending men and women to the International Space Station and developing commercial spaceflight capabilities. They're committed to researching and discovering the far reaches of our planet, solar system, universe, and beyond. And don't get me started on their innovations in aeronautics and space technology or the entire plot of "Hidden Figures." NASA is freakin' amazing.
Even their mission statement is cool: "We reach for new heights and reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind." If that's not swag, I need a reminder on just what swag is.
Now, they're doubling down on their status as coolest government agency with their new GIF collection.
NASA launched an official Giphy account to deliver more than 400 mind-melting, out of this world GIFS of their satellite, computer-animated, and space station footage to you, the people. We don't deserve NASA, folks.
If you don't have time to familiarize yourself with all 464 GIFs, I went ahead and curated a collection of 11 that may come in handy for a variety of situations.
1. When you accidentally call a co-worker "mom" and you have to stop what you're doing and leave immediately.
2. When you and your squad make a pact to try Meatless Mondays.
It's for the Earth, y'all. Factory farms contribute to climate change in a big way. Plus, all-you-can-eat cheese.
3. When your partner says you can leave a few things at their place.
It will totally fit in the drawer. Trust me.
4. When your really frustrating aunt finally understands why "All lives matter" is problematic AF.
Yes, all people have value, but black people are dying, so we're going to focus our energy and attention on them. It doesn't seem hard, but apparently it's a struggle.
5. When a 23-year-old couple has a $600,000 budget on "House Hunters."
6. When someone says the gender wage gap isn't real but you have the pay stubs.
The proof is in the pocketbook, especially for women of color.
7. When you remember every body is a good body.
You are beautiful, strong, and perfect, with or without the snacks.
8. When you get a new haircut but it looks totally different the next day.
9. When you thought about moving to Canada after the election.
But remembered you and your voice are needed right here.
10. When it's time to break in a new pair of jeans.
11. When you realize that sometimes, blocking and unfriending people on social media is an act of self-care.
Leave the thread, log off, mute, block, or unfollow. Do what you have to do to take good care of yourself.
The next time you're looking for just the right GIF, look no further than the government agency with all the space shuttles and all the answers: NASA.
This GIF collection is a fun, accessible way for people to get a behind-the-scenes look at the research, innovation, and exploration going on at NASA. Whether you're celebrating a new job or marveling at a solar flare, they're the only repeating animations you'll ever need.