Geographers from Kansas State plotted the 7 deadly sins on a map of the U.S. The darker your county is, the more "sinful" it is. The methodology used to calculate each sin is stated below the map.
1. Greed was calculated by comparing average incomes with the total number of inhabitants living beneath the poverty line.
2. Envy was calculated using the total number of thefts — robbery, burglary, larceny and stolen cars.
3. Wrath was calculated by comparing the total number of violent crimes — murder, assault and rape — reported to the FBI per capita.
4. Lust was calculated by compiling the number of sexually transmitted diseases — HIV, AIDS, syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea — reported per capita.
5. Gluttony was calculated by counting the number of fast food restaurants per capita.
6. Sloth was calculated by comparing expenditures on arts, entertainment and recreation with the rate of employment.
7. Pride is the aggregate of all data from the six other sins, averaged into an overview of all evil.