James Baldwin said, "The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions that have been hidden by the answers."
What an apt description of a new art installation at the southern border.
A set of bright pink teeter-totters extend into both the U.S. and Mexico through the barrier between the two countries. Children and adults on both sides of the border can play together, seesawing up and down, their view of one another partially obscured by the vertical steel slats that separate them.
- A seesaw at the border lets children in Mexico and the U.S. play ... ›
- Seesaws on the border bring both sides together - CNN Video ›
- US border wall seesaws allow children on each side to play together ... ›
- Artists installed seesaws at the border so kids in the US and Mexico ... ›
- Pink seesaws reach across the divide at US-Mexico border | US ... ›
- Protest Seesaw Links Kids on Both Sides of US-Mexico Border ... ›
- A Border Wall Seesaw Has Been Built so Children in the U.S. And ... ›
- Pink seesaws at border wall: Artist installs seesaws at Trump border ... ›
- Architect Creates Seesaw Across US-Mexico Border to Let Children ... ›
- California professors install seesaws along U.S.-Mexico border wall ›