Woman has Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath break up with her boyfriend, and it might just be the best breakup ever
A two-minute video of Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath breaking up with a woman's boyfriend for her has gone viral. The video was made using an app called Cameo, which allows regular schmoes to pay celebrities to record video messages in exchange for a small sum. Cheyanne, the woman who the video is "from" payed McGrath $100 to deliver the devastating news to her boyfriend, Bradyn.
"This is a little difficult for me to say cause it's the first one of these I've done but [Cheyanne] wants you to know that you mean a lot to her — you mean the world to her — but she's having difficulty staying in this long-distance relationship," McGrath says in the video.
McGrath tried to give advice from his own life. "It's tough. I've been on the road for years, and I've been with my wife a long time, and the biggest arguments, the biggest obstacles in our relationship is the distance between us," he explained. "It makes it very difficult when we're on the road and it's hard."
RELATED: Remember the viral video of someone with a Delta flight to themselves? There's more to the story.
McGrath tried to let Bradyn down easy. "She still wants to be friends with you, and she wants you to know, good luck on your thesis coming up — probably not the best timing, Cheyenne, when he's doing his thesis, but I understand!" he continued.
Twitter was all about it.
There's more to the story. Apparently, Cheyanne and Bradyn got back together… only to break up again. This time via former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci was the bearer of bad news. "Life goes on. There will be another door opening," says Scaramucci in the Cameo video. Scaramucci said that Bradyn can think "about me getting my ass shot up at the White House and blown to pieces in my life" whenever he has a rough day.
"Yeah, my wife basically threatened for divorce, which took a while for me to repair that as well. So, truth of the matter is, take one day at a time," he continued.
The videos seem almost too funny to be true, and it turns out they're not. The videos were a prank from Hunter Shabazz. "I just thought the idea of using celebrities to break really sensitive news is pretty funny. The names were Bradyn and Cheyanne (spelled as such) because I thought these names really reflected people who would break up over cameo and also still be really into Sugar Ray," Shabazz explained to the Huffington Post.
McGrath said he knew it was a joke, but decided to play along.
Hopefully, they both still got their hundos for the videos.
These videos are hilarious, but ultimately serve as a reminder that the viral video everyone is sharing might not always be true, no matter how much we want Mark McGrath to actually go around doing people's dirty work.
- Michael Loftus on Mark McGrath's breakup video, progressives ... ›
- Girl Pays Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath to Break Up With Her Boyfriend ›
- Watch Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath Break Up With a Woman's ›
- Mark McGrath Cameo Breakup Story Is Fake :( - Stereogum ›
- Woman Hires Singer Mark McGrath to Make Breakup ... ›
- Someone paid Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray to break up with their ... ›
- The Truth Behind That Viral Mark McGrath Video of Him Helping a ... ›
- Someone hired Mark McGrath and Anthony Scaramucci to break up ... ›
- The Mark McGrath Break-Up Video Is A Hoax ›
- Mark McGrath and Anthony Scaramucci Break Up with a Woman's ... ›
- Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath calls Cameo breakup video an 'obvious ... ›
- Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath Helps a Woman Break Up With Her... ›