She thought her trainer was flirting with her. But he just thought she looked like Buzz Lightyear.
We're in the middle of Hot Girl Summer — a concept I loosely understand as "feel yourself regardless of gender or societal expectations of attractiveness" — which means that we should all, as Megan Thee Stallion, originator of the term, explains, spending our Julys and Augusts being unapologetically ourselves and "having a good-ass time, hyping up your friends, doing you, not giving a damn about what nobody got to say about it."
That's the spirit (I think) one woman on Twitter was living when she decided her personal trainer was flirting with her. The signs were all there. Or at least two signs. Or one. It depends on whether you think someone taking a picture of you and then asking for your number to send it is a behavior set made up of two distinct and separate actions or just a single complex one.
What Emily Baumgartner (the Twitter user in question) didn't know when she handed her number over, thought, was that she was about to be rocketed to the kind of anxiety-inducing 24-hour celebrity stardom that so many people hope and dream for (even if it doesn't translate to more subscribers). And that's why, reader, she posted what happened next.
And. Here. It. Is.
Real quick, I just want to say that just because you look like Buzz Lightyear doesn't mean someone isn't flirting with you. In fact, I remember the girls in middle school arguing over whether they'd prefer Buzz or Woody as their boyfriends and eventual husbands.
But also: This is very, very funny. And it got even funnier when others got involved. I don't like to throw the term "chortle" around, but I definitely breathed real heavy when I saw the following response:
And then someone really got into it, taking the picture and making Baumgartner look even more like she was about to star in a computer-animated feature.
Have you seen "Toy Story 4" yet? Because...
Baumgartner, is, fortunately, taking all of this in stride. She's already posted tweets to let Pixar know that she should be compensated for all the marketing she's doing for them, shared her Venmo with all her new fans, and even retweeted a poll about what her new reality show should be called. But none of that's as important as the fact that she's now got the best opener if she wants to flirt with her trainer. Or the reality that this is a story she can tell people TO INFINITY....AND BEYOND!!
- Disney Buzz Lightyear Straw Trainer Cup 7oz | The Warehouse ›
- Star Command | Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Wiki | FANDOM ... ›
- Vans x Toy Story ›
- You can now get Woody and Buzz Lightyear trainers and they are ... ›
- Reebok Creates Toy Story Trainers That Look Like Woody And Buzz ... ›
- Disney / Pixar Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Straw Trainer Cup ›
- The First Years Disney/Pixar Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Straw Trainer ... ›
- Adidas launch Toy Story 4 x UltraBOOST 19 trainers to celebrate ... ›
- Adidas launches new trainers inspired by Toy Story 4 | Metro News ›
- This woman assumed her trainer was flirting, he just thought she ... ›