Bill Gates may not be a doctor but he has increasingly become an expert on world health issues over the past several decades as his public footprint has transitioned from Microsoft co-founder to one of the greatest philanthropists alive today.
Now, Gates is using his public platform to be a voice of reason as America, and the world, grapple with the coronavirus pandemic. Though Gates isn't shy about pointing out that America absolutely failed in our federal government's initial response to the virus, he says there is still a clear window of hope and opportunity -- but only if our leaders act now. Here are the three main strategic moves Gates says must happen in order to curb the spread of disease and to get our economy back in gear as soon as possible.
- Bill Gates' family has a history of Alzheimer's. He's doing something ... ›
- Bill Gates explains the 'safest' age to give a kid a cellphone ... ›
- Bill Gates answered 4 critical questions from people worried about ... ›
- Bill Gates blames social media companies for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 - Upworthy ›
- Bill Gates says social media needs to step up and stop spreading misinformation about COVID-19 - Upworthy ›