Jim and Carol lived an active, exciting life together as husband and wife. But when Jim was struck by a car while cycling near his home, their life changed dramatically. Jim was left needing round-the-clock care, and Carol, a retired nurse, took on the role of caregiver.
Every day, Carol helps Jim through his physical therapy and personal grooming routines. "If we don't do what we do on a daily basis to help him move forward, he'll become more and more dependent," Carol says. "Some days the challenges are very difficult."
More than 40 million Americans are in Carol's shoes, providing unpaid caregiving to loved ones who are disabled, elderly, or otherwise in need of assistance. With baby boomers getting older and people living longer, many middle-aged people find themselves caring for aging parents or grandparents. Others may have a developmentally delayed adult child at home, or a family member who has become disabled due to an accident or illness. From cooking to cleaning to bathing, caregivers help others do everyday tasks they aren't able to do for themselves.
Hygiene and grooming are a big part of a caregiver's job, and anything that makes those tasks easier is a good thing. That's why Gillette's new TREO razor, specifically designed for shaving other people, caught our eye.
- Behold the first razor designed to shave someone else. - Upworthy ›
- John Legend talks growing up, family life and trying to be a good ... ›
- Gillette ›
- Turns out almost everyone loved that 'controversial' Gillette ad about ... ›
- Gillette Stadium - Apps on Google Play ›
- Gillette Stadium: Home ›
- Gillette (@Gillette) | Twitter ›
- Gillette - Home | Facebook ›
- Gillette Venus Women's Razors and Shaving Products | Venus ›
- Men's Shaving & Body Products | Gillette® ›
- Gillette - Wikipedia ›
- We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film) - YouTube ›
- Gillette, WY | Home ›
- Men's Razors & Shaving Products | Gillette® ›