Republicans freak out over AOC calling Trump's concentration camps what they are. Jewish people have her back.
Another day in Trump's America, where the main debate between members of Congress is whether or not the kids concentrated in camps at the border are indeed in concentration camps.
Rep. Liz Cheney, third-ranking Republican in the House and spawn of Dick, is absolutely AGHAST that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compared the detention camps to migrant children to those made famous by the Nazis during the Holocaust.
Immigrant children and families are being held in detention facilities on the southern border, and are even being transferred to an Oklahoma army base that was used as an internment camp for Japanese Americans during World War II, so yeah, comparisons to the 1940s are not out of nowhere."The U.S. is running concentration camps on our southern border, and that is exactly what they are," Ocasio-Cortez said on Instagram. "The fact that concentration camps are now an institutionalized practice in the home of the free is extraordinarily disturbing, and we need to do something about it."
Cheney, a self-proclaimed authority on Jewish history and memory, accused AOC of "demeaning" the memory of Holocaust victims, whom Cheney herself dehumanized by describing them as having been "exterminated" like vermin.
AOC explained "to the shrieking Republicans" that her use of the phrase concentration camps "is not hyperbole. It is the conclusion of expert analysis."
Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, defined concentration camps to Esquire as "mass detention of civilians without trial," which is precisely what's going on.
AOC also asked Chiz Leney for her take on the semantics.
Jewish people, whom Dick Cheney's daughter claims to speak for, are speaking up to her.
Good job, Liz. Also, APOLOGIZE TO MARY.
This article originally appeared on SomeeCards. You can read it here.
- AOC Hits Back at Liz Cheney: 'You Get Your News from Facebook ... ›
- AOC fires back at Liz Cheney over 'dead people' comment: 'I see ... ›
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey Rep. Cheney, I see from ... ›
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Slams Liz Cheney: 'You Get Your News ... ›
- Ouch: AOC Tries To Dunk On Liz Cheney And It Backfires In A Big Way ›
- Ocasio-Cortez and Liz Cheney clash over constitutional history ›
- AOC Got a Pass, But WashPost Gives Liz Cheney 3 Pinocchios for ... ›
- Rep. Liz Cheney to AOC: 'Your Party Put a Sham Resolution on the ... ›
- Liz Cheney Flattens AOC in Twitter Spat About Constitution ›
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Liz Cheney disagree on Twitter over ... ›