Parenting ain't easy. But there's never been more pressure to do it all "right."
Research shows that the barrage of organic, homemade recipes on Pinterest, mommy-shaming, and picture-perfect social media posts we face create deep anxiety and depression in a lot of parents.
No matter what they do, they just don't feel good enough. Which of course, makes it even harder to raise, teach, and nurture their children.
But there's another side to what parents are choosing to share online: It's self-deprecating. It's hilarious. And when it comes down to it, it's damn important because we've all been there.
Let's celebrate these 17 parenting fails we can all relate to.
1. When your kids are definitely not addicted to social media.
2. When you've set an excellent nutritional example.
3. When you've taught them proper language skills.
4. When you are awesome at assembling toys.
5. When you demonstrate sportsmanship.
6. When you're totally prepared and not freaking out.
7. When you never forget the wipes.
8. When you teach your kids to love educational films.
9. And learning-based music.
10. When you only play age appropriate tunes.
11. When you give them just enough independence.
12. When you still remember how to adult too.
13. When you always keep the magic alive.
14. When you know how to set boundaries.
15. When you put safety first.
16. When you won't tolerate bad language.
17. And when you never, ever lose your temper.
Let's give these parents a hand for sharing. These examples aren't pretty, but they're real.
Next time you see something on social media that makes you feel like you're doing it all wrong, just remember: Raising kids is messy. And hard. And though plenty of people will tell you otherwise, there's no right way to do it after all.
Even if there were, where would be the fun in that?