10 pivotal moments in 'Parks and Rec' that make us glad Amy's back.
So many laughs. So many lessons.
Amy Poehler. She's the greatest, right?
So let's remember the show (more than "SNL"!) that introduced America to how truly awesome Amy was, is, and will be forever. And ever.
She's got a way of making you laugh but also making you wonder ... Am I a better person now? And also, how am I still laughing?
Here's how it's done.
Dear "Parks and Rec," thank you for the invite to Wisdomtown ... capital city, Amy-is-the-best-ville.
Let's take a field trip!
1. You shamelessly discuss same-sex relationships ...
2. You made men's rights activists seem appropriately ridiculous:
Are you for real, dude?
And thank you.
3. You took stereotypes about women and men — and kapow. You helped us realize that they are silly.
Women deserve opportunities in careers that aren't typically "female" — like sanitation jobs!
4. "Parks and Rec" made playing with pronouns cool. He/she/boy/girl/him/her/you, what? All of us!
Ben could be Michelle!
Leslie could be a real stand up guy!
Andy could be a lady!
Boys can be goddesses!
We all know Chris Pratt makes a beautiful goddess. No contest.
5. "Parks and Rec" proved that, despite stereotypes to the contrary, women can hold leadership roles...
...and men can hold kitchen roles!
Don't keep Ben out of the calzone zone. Don't keep Leslie out of the boardroom. You do you, Leslie. You do you, Ben!
6. Leslie shamelessly hearts lady parts.
She's a poet. And she knows it.
7. And don't forget the open and honest sex talks!
"Condoms! Safe sex for everyone! Let's party."
Amy keeps it real. #blessed
8. "Parks and Rec" showed that representation is important for gender equality.
9. You showed that it's totally OK (and even adorable) when dudes cry...
...and it's totes fine when they're depressed or anxious, too!
Masculinity is no prison in Pawnee!!!
10. You showed the power of second chances, friendship, and the dignity of work.
Oh, Amy. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, and I hope it never ends.
Amy for president!