Sportsmanship is as old an idea as athletic competition itself. After all, the first Olympic games were designed to foster peace and cooperation, a notion that at least still exists in theory today.
However, all too often, today's world of competitive sports seems to focus on massive contracts, endorsement deals and players siding with China over freedom and democracy to protect their lucrative self-interest. Players are brands, teams are profit generators and fans are stuck somewhere in between.
- Football coach's on-field prayer not protected by Constitution ... ›
- Opelika High School replacing pre-football prayer with moment of ... ›
- Roane County High School Prayer ›
- Mich. football team barred from on field prayer for coach's daughter ›
- High School Football Prayer Case Declined by U.S. Supreme Court ... ›
- Alabama High School Students Defy Prayer Ban, Recite Lord's ... ›
- A high school football prayer controversy and the First Amendment ... ›
- Football team prayer has HS coach facing 'constitutional violation' ›
- Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe - Wikipedia ›
- Tennessee high school students defend prayer before football ... ›