The State of the Union happened, and to make it interesting the White House enhanced the broadcast with data and charts on screen that you couldn't see on the TV version. You can watch it in it's entirety here.
- At 3:14, he gives a powerful shout-out to everyone who yearns for the American dream.
- At 4:07, he calls out the partisan interests that make sure nothing ever gets done.
- At 5:48, he calls out Congress for a truly horrible law it passed.
- At 7:04, he says something kind of disappointing about cutting benefits to the poor.
- At 7:51, he has me again.
- At 13:13, he accurately portrays the entire Republican agenda.
- At 15:08, he shares some great news.
- At 16:33, he shares some fascinating and exciting math.
- At 17:33, he calls out climate change deniers.
- At 18:34, he does it again. Shorter version: "Science is real. Get over it."
- At 21:03, he offers a great plan to help us actually advance as a country.
- At 22:34, he calls out everyone in Congress for their hypocrisy while simultaneously making them awkwardly chuckle.At 25:48, he starts talking about one of my favorite things ever.
- At 30:03, he makes a great suggestion about education reform.
- At 31:11, he requests that we stop screwing over immigrants and get a realistic plan together.
- At 33:11, he takes the old white dudes who voted against the Violence Against Women Act to task for their behavior and challenges them to listen to their better angels.
- At 38:12, he shares some good news about Afghanistan.
- At 43:04, he says something predictable that makes me think about something entirely different that he really should think about.At 46:07, he goes full patriot.
- At 50:41, he starts talking about something that will have a huge impact on all of us if done correctly.At 52:01, he starts talking about guns. You should really watch that whole part in its entirety.
- At 53:44, he talks about one of the children we lost whom he has a personal connection to.
- At 54:27, he talks about what her parents deserve and what all those we have lost deserve, and I tear up a little.
- At 55:48, he gives us a small dose of reality.
- At 57:03, he basically hands you a box of Kleenex.
- And at 58:53, he gets to the point and summarizes what we should all remember.