More than 1,000 are expected to come.
Imagine having your only family member taken from you in an act of violence while shopping at Walmart.
When Margie Reckard was killed in the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, 61-year-old Antonio Basco was left with no living relatives. Basco and Reckard had been married for 22 years.
"Me and my wife had a bond, a magnificent bond," Basco told CNN. "I never felt anything like that in my life." He said they had "a wonderful life" together.
Basco has spent every day since the shooting visiting a makeshift memorial for his wife outside of the Walmart where Reckard was shot and killed. He prays for her and talks to her. He even slept there one night.
- Man who lost wife in El Paso shooting invites public to attend her ... ›
- David Begnaud on Twitter: "This is Antonio Basco. His wife of 22 ... ›
- El Paso shooting: Man with no family invites community to wife's ... ›
- With no family in town, husband of El Paso shooting victim invites ... ›
- El Paso Shooting Victim's Husband Asks Public To Funeral: He Has ... ›
- Hundreds Set To Mourn Death Of El Paso Victim After Husband ... ›
- His Only Relative Was Killed in the El Paso Massacre. He Has ... ›
- Antonio Basco Gets Overwhelming Response To El Paso Victim ... ›
- Antonio Basco, El Paso husband whose wife died in mass shooting ... ›
- Widower Antonio Basco invited the public to wife's funeral after she ... ›