The testimonies are jarring.
There is no doubt that the ongoing migrant crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border is a difficult problem to solve. How to handle a large influx of people arriving at our doorstep and how to expediently process increasing asylum claims is a big question with many unclear answers.
But there's one thing we should be crystal clear about. Inhumanity should have no place in our immigration policies, and cruelty toward children should never be tolerated, period. And yet, that's exactly what we are seeing in our detention facilities.
- Upworthy ›
- child separation ›
- Families are being ripped apart at the border. Laura Bush is calling ... ›
- People are donating air miles to reunite separated families. Here's ... ›
- This group of friends made an amazing cross-country relay to ... ›
- detention centers ›
- Fundraiser to reunite separated immigrant families goes massively ... ›
- This group raised $1 million in just 9 hours to help kids at the border ... ›
- Highlights magazine denounces family separations in a blistering ... ›
- Thousands of people are organizing a huge, nationwide vigil at ... ›
- Trump Administration To Allow Indefinite Detention of Families With ... ›
- Opinion | What Will Indefinite Detention Do to Migrant Kids? - The ... ›
- Migrant children detention: The centers I saw are no place for kids ›
- 19 States And D.C. File Lawsuit To Stop Indefinite Detention Of ... ›
- Thousands of migrant children could be detained indefinitely ›
- Opinion | Hear the Words of Detained Migrant Children - The New ... ›
- Hear the Words of Detained Migrant Children | NYT Opinion ... ›
- How Detained Children Are Treated Around the World | The New ... ›
- The horrifying conditions facing kids in border detention, explained ... ›
- Migrant children held in Texas facility need access to doctors, says ... ›