'I Just Wanted To Die' And 'Maybe I Deserved This' Are Words A Child Should Never Have To Say
There's not much for me to say other than if we're all aware that this happens and pay attention, maybe one day we'll notice something that doesn't quite look right. And then we can report it.
Remember that while we often think of child trafficking as an issue in other countries, it's a a serious problem in the United States, too. UNICEF notes the following signs that a child could be a victim of trafficking:
- Knows little about his or her whereabouts
- Works excessively long hours
- Exhibits fear or anxious behavior
- Was hired with false promises
- Has inconsistencies with his or her story