The world said goodbye to Holly Butcher, a 27-year-old woman from Grafton, Australia.
Butcher had been battling Ewing's sarcoma, a rare bone cancer that predominantly affects young people. In a statement posted on Butcher's memorialized Facebook account, her brother, Dean, and partner, Luke, confirmed the heartbreaking news to friends.
"It is with great sadness that we announce Holly's passing in the early hours of this morning," they wrote on Jan. 4, 2018. "After enduring so much, it was finally time for her to say goodbye to us all. The end was short and peaceful; she looked serene when we kissed her forehead and said our final farewells. As you would expect, Holly prepared a short message for you all, which will be posted above."
Butcher's message, which Dean and Luke did, in fact, post publicly shortly thereafter, has brought the internet to tears.
Photo courtesy of Remembering Holly Butcher/Facebook used with permission.
- Holly Butcher Shares Facebook Post Before Passing Away From ... ›
- 27-Year-Old Cancer Patient's Life Advice Goes Viral - Holly ... ›
- Sharing is Caring - Holly Butcher | Facebook ›
- A Day Before Her Death, This 27-Year-Old Wrote A Letter, And Her ... ›
- 'Each day is a gift': Woman's heartbreaking letter goes viral after her ... ›
- Ewing's Sarcoma, Holly Butcher And My Curiosity - 'Zika Olofin ... ›
- Australian woman who died after battling rare cancer had penned ... ›
- Family shares story behind dying woman's viral letter ›
- What is Ewing's sarcoma, what are the symptoms of Holly Butcher's ... ›