7 times Stephen Colbert didn't just push the envelope — he crushed it.
Here are just a few of many moments from "The Colbert Report" that remind me of how much I already miss the show.
1. When he called the President of the United States of America a "skinny bitch."
In defense of corporations, of course.
2. When he was somewhere between 0 and 100 percent impressed by George Bush.
George P. Bush, that is — son of Jeb, nephew of George W., and grandson of George H.W.
3. When he politely let two famous musicians know their song
kinda really, really sucks.
Nice try, fellas. You live and you learn, right?
4. When he warned us that a big gay storm was coming.
With a hilariously awkward/sexy political ad.
5. When he learned how to make $800,000 disappear.
Like a true political pro.
6. When he tried to kill his uncle with a Christmas card.
7. When he DESTROYED at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner.
And fulfilled his dream of meeting George W. Bush. You'll love every minute of this.
"The Colbert Report" brought truthiness and laughter to millions of people for nine years.
While the show is no more, the legend of his character lives on through his loyal fandom (Colbert Nation) and the magic of the Internet.
In 2015, Colbert will become host of "The Late Show," taking the desk David Letterman has captained since 1993.
His audience will be much larger (yay for basic cable!), so here's to hoping he brings some of that truthiness to his new stage. This country really needs it.