Trump seriously wanted an alligator moat at the border. Footage shows Obama mocking the idea in 2011.
"Maybe [Republicans] want alligators in the moat."
There are too many differences between Barack Obama and Donald Trump to list them all. But a recent Trump controversy exemplifies how the two differ in their basic humanity.
On Tuesday, a chilling report in The New York Times showed just how far Trump is willing to go to secure the U.S.-Mexico border.
In a March meeting, Trump was fuming about undocumented immigrants crossing the border so he proposed some ideas that are so extreme they seemed to come from the Middle Ages.
- Flashback: Obama Mocks GOP on Border Security, Jokes About ... ›
- Did Donald Trump Steal Alligator Moat Idea From Barack Obama? ›
- The White House actually sought a cost estimate for Trump's ... ›
- Obama mocks GOP, jokes they want border moat - CBS News ›
- Barack Obama Mocked Alligator Moat Idea Years Before Donald ... ›
- Trump envisioned border moat 'stocked with snakes or alligators ... ›
- Obama clip joking that GOP will want a moat, alligators resurfaces ... ›