According to US News & World Report, over 80% of people fail at their New Year's resolutions by February.
Author and clinical psychologist Joseph Luciani says it's because we eventually lose motivation and that outside-in solutions rarely work unless we've changed on the inside.
"Unless you first change your mind, don't expect your health goals to materialize," Luciani says. "As the saying goes, it's not the horse that draws the cart, it's the oats. It's not the gym, Pilates class or diet that will change you – it's your mind."
- This guide to weight and body image from the Girl Scouts is freaking ... ›
- I'm fat. I'm choosing to stay fat. Here's why. - Upworthy ›
- This woman's viral tweet about 'dropping 200 pounds' doubles as ... ›
- Gabourey Sidibe lost weight. Then she was criticized. It says a lot ... ›
- Finally, a plus-size character on TV whose story isn't about her weight. ›
- This woman is brutally honest about what it looks like to lose 100 ... ›
- A weight-loss clinic used her photo without asking. So she called ... ›
- Melissa Harris-Perry has a great point about Oprah's new weight ... ›
- Woman posts dramatic before-and-after pics of one pound loss to ... ›
- Celine Dion shut down haters criticizing her weight loss in the most ... ›
- Weight Loss ›
- Weight loss Weight-loss basics - Mayo Clinic ›
- Women Who Lost Over 100 Lbs. Share Their Weight Loss Tips ... ›
- Weight Loss - Health and Wellness | SELF ›
- Weight loss - Wikipedia ›
- Weight Loss | Health ›
- Best Weight-Loss Diets for 2019 | U.S. News Best Diets ›
- Losing Weight | Healthy Weight | CDC ›
- How to Lose Weight Fast: 3 Simple Steps, Based on Science ›
- Weight Loss & Diet Plans - Find healthy diet plans and helpful ... ›