Elizabeth Warren sent dinner to Bernie Sanders' team and shared some very kind words after his heart surgery
Vermont Senator and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, 78, had heart surgery on Wednesday to repair an arterial blockage. Sanders was complaining of chest pains during a campaign event in Las Vegas and had two stents "successfully inserted" at a local hospital.
Sanders has cancelled all of upcoming campaign events while he recuperates, but it's believed he'll be ready for the next Democratic debate on October 15 in Westerville, ohio.
Sanders received an outpouring of support from many of his Democratic rivals.
- Column: Break some eggs, Elizabeth Warren: Drop out and back ... ›
- FEC reports: in small-donations race, it's Elizabeth Warren vs ... ›
- “'Do You, Bernie, Want to Risk It with Me, Warren, in the Race ... ›
- How Elizabeth Warren Is Eating Bernie Sanders' Left Lunch ... ›
- How Elizabeth Warren Is Eating Sanders's Left Lunch ›
- Are Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders headed for a collision ... ›
- Sanders and Warren Meet and Agree: They Both Are Probably ... ›