If you're a woman and you want to be a CEO, you should probably think about changing your name to "Jeffrey" or "Michael." Or possibly even "Michael Jeffreys" or "Jeffrey Michaels."
According to Fortune, last year, more men named Jeffrey and Michael became CEOs of America's top companies than women. A whopping total of one woman became a CEO, while two men named Jeffrey took the title, and two men named Michael moved into the C-suite as well.
The "New CEO Report" for 2018, which looks at new CEOS for the 250 largest S&P 500 companies, found that 23 people were appointed to the position of CEO. Only one of those 23 people was a woman. Michelle Gass, the new CEO of Kohl's, was the lone female on the list.
- A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to ... ›
- New Poll: Women Are Biased Toward Thinking They Aren't Equal ... ›
- The story behind 7 of history's most successful women of business ... ›
- After she asked for a mental health day, a screenshot of her boss ... ›
- This tailoring shop breaks a gender barrier you might not have even ... ›
- Patagonia's CEO is donating company's entire $10M Trump tax cut ... ›
- A series of comics takes a look at the struggles of being a woman in ... ›
- 11 facts about women-run businesses that prove the future really is ... ›
- YouTube's CEO blasts that sexist Google memo in a powerful ... ›
- 9 high-profile CEOs who did positive things in 2015. - Upworthy ›
- How The 10 Highest-Paid Women CEOs Compare To Their Male ... ›
- Female CEOs Are 45% More Likely to Be Fired Than Male CEOs ... ›
- Why Most Women Will Never Become CEO ›
- Is There a Gender Gap in CEO Compensation? ›
- List of women CEOs of Fortune 500 companies - Wikipedia ›
- 5 Reasons The 'Best CEOs For Women' Are All Men ›
- Women CEOs still a rarity, but pay tops that of men ›
- Men vs women: CEOs in the Fortune 1000 - Information Age ›
- 2018's Fortune 500 companies have just 24 female CEOs ›
- What male CEOs are wearing - CNN ›