Woman's viral tweet about her mom's new boyfriend inspires a thread about second love.
Love is...real 😍😍😍
'Love is a battlefield' indeed. They say you have to kiss ~~at least~~ a few frogs to find your prince and it's inevitable that in seeking long-term romantic satisfaction, slip ups will happen. Whether it's a lack of compatibility, unfortunate circumstances, or straight up bad taste in the desired sex, your first shot at monogamous bliss might not succeed. And that's okay! Those experiences enrich our lives and strengthen our resolve to find love. That's what I tell myself when trying to rationalize my three-month stint with the bassist of a terrible noise rock band.
One woman's viral tweet about a tacky mug wall encouraged people to share stories about second loves. Okay, first things first: Ana Stanowick's mom has a new boyfriend who's basically perfect. All the evidence you need is in the photograph:
People were impressed by the boyfriend's embrace of her hobby, which is collecting some of the funkiest mugs this side of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, not all male partners are so supportive. Some of those 'male partners' include our literal dads. Luckily, the stories shared had happy endings. Love is possible!
@AnaStanowick_ @brewrites I LOVE this. My dad used to literally never move from the couch and make my mom do everyt… https://t.co/vBRcqSyvQ5— Leslie Dice (@Leslie Dice) 1560432238
@AnaStanowick_ @BrienneOfSnark_ I had to hide books from my first husband, he hated to see me learn anything new or… https://t.co/gq8hk1U8zi— NH Feminist State Project (@NH Feminist State Project) 1560515941
The mug collection itself is iconic, tbh.
@AnaStanowick_ Ahahhahaha https://t.co/c8PyBwNPq3— izzy 🧃 (@izzy 🧃) 1560436451
Bystanders were also curious about the stuffed frogs pictured. A mom who has TWO off-kilter collections? We stan.
@AnaStanowick_ Will there be a follow up for her stuffed frog collection? https://t.co/4y4KFOksXb— AJ Stacy (@AJ Stacy) 1560438544
@AnaStanowick_ she can put all those frogs on the shelf because she found her prince ;-)— phnglui mglwnafh PTHULUFISH rlyeh wgahnagl fhtagn (@phnglui mglwnafh PTHULUFISH rlyeh wgahnagl fhtagn) 1560456055
@AnaStanowick_ Is that...who I think it is? https://t.co/bSMsNHy1It— Lexie (@Lexie) 1560452091
This article originally appeared on SomeeCards. You can read it here.
- His daughter broke down onstage, so he came to her rescue. And ... ›
- 11 years later, this rockstar finally wrote about his parents' murder ... ›
- Why the Mothers of the Movement's DNC speech brought us to tears ... ›
- These men created a support group for fathers. They're changing ... ›
- Watch this guy misspell 'father' at a spelling bee for a beautiful reason. ›
- Mom makes red hats for newborns to help raise awareness of what ... ›
- A letter to my grandpa and other fathers of the fatherless. - Upworthy ›
- Meet some real-life dads who responded to their kids coming out in ... ›
- A thank-you letter to my stay-at-home-dad husband, told through ... ›
- What Heroic Thing Did JC Penney Do After Being Targeted by An ... ›
- Stormy weather to jeopardize Father's Day weekend plans in ... ›
- Dad-son anchors Lester and Stefan Holt set for special Father's Day ›
- Father's Day - Learn About The History and The Most Common Gifts ›
- Father's Day 2019: Celebrate Dad With Activities, Recipes, and ... ›
- Father's Day gifts on Amazon Prime: affordable gift ideas for dads ... ›
- Father's Day - Date, Definition & History - HISTORY ›
- Father's Day in the United States ›
- 100+ Best Father's Day Ideas 2019 - Father's Day Gifts, Activities ... ›