Veterinary clinics see all kinds of things on any given day. Unlike medical professionals that treat humans, vets treat a wide variety of species—and they also have to deal with people bringing in all manner of wildlife that have no business being at the vet.
Walter Brown is a vet tech at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. He's also an aspiring comedian known as "Skinni," and he's begun mixing his professions by sharing veterinary advice on social media in the most entertaining way. A live video he shared on his Facebook page on Memorial Day weekend went viral, with more than 1.7 million views, as people discovered and shared his hilarious admonitions to leave animal "chirrin" alone when they're out on a nature hike.
Brown wrote, "Let me nip dis one in da bud too.....leave these wild animals chirrin alone........" and then offered this advice:
Brown shared another video this weekend, advising people in the South not to go running in the heat with their Nordic breed and Brachycephalic breed dogs. And again, he offers solid veterinary advice in a way that's highly entertaining. Like, if someone's going to lay out an admonishment to the public, it should be this man.
Seriously, can all public service announcements from here on out come from Walter Brown, please?
- If you think you don't need a weird dog video to get you through this ... ›
- A mom's painfully hilarious 'if adults did what kids do' video hits ... ›
- A hilarious stand-up routine about how commercials for black ... ›
- In a tearful post, a veterinarian shares just how emotionally draining the job really is. - Upworthy ›
- 'It's working!': Pics show animals aren't afraid to cross Utah's new 'Critter Bridge' - Upworthy ›
- The New Big 5 offers a goal for wildlife photographers - Upworthy ›
- A reminder that some cute animal videos are actually cruel - Upworthy ›
- It's here: a website that uses an algorithm to match you with the perfect dog for your personality - Upworthy ›