The cat demands all of the attention no matter what the human is doing.
Do you remember that song, Somebody's Watching Me from the 80s? Well, this new foster dad is probably feeling just like the guy singing the song, except about a cat that has taken to stalking and harassing him around the house. Bill found himself a sudden cat dad when his friend became sick and unable to take care of her cat, Teddy.
While Teddy behaved like a normal cat in new surroundings, (hiding under the bed and making himself scarce), it didn't take long before he started getting comfortable around Bill. Knowing that he was likely missing his mom and needed attention, the new foster dad gave Teddy all the chin scratches and love he could. It was beautiful...until the cat decided the attention he was getting was insufficient.
Now, instead of a finicky roommate, Bill had a stalker. Teddy follows the human wherever he is in the house to demand attention in pretty rude ways.
"He became obsessed with me. I gave him tons of attention, I played with him all the time but it was just never enough. He always wanted more," Bill tells The Dodo. "Anytime I would turn my attention to something other than him, he would scratch at me until I turned my attention back."
There were not just sweet gentle pawings, Teddy essentially hit and slaps Bill, grabbing pieces of his clothing as he tries to walk by and biting at him. But there's something there between the two and it's looking a lot like a love story in the making. Maybe one that ends in a kitty restraining order but Teddy's playful attacks have Bill a bit smitten.
Watch their love story unfold below:
- Pet mom narrates her cat and dog's fights like it's an actual cage match and it's spot on ›
- Owner of 'cat burglar' is forced to own up to her kitty's obsession with criminal activity ›
- Cat hilariously rats out owner in front of the landlord who has a 'no pets' policy ›
- Cat adorably photobombs engagement video - Upworthy ›
- Cat learns to run on two feet after front leg amputations - Upworthy ›
- Woman copies her cat's behaviors in hilarious videos - Upworthy ›
- Couple realizes they've been snuggling an imposter cat - Upworthy ›