Gina Rodriguez doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to talking about black representation. There was that time when she (incorrectly) said that Latina actresses are paid less than black actresses. Or that time when she interrupted an interviewer for saying her co-star, Yara Shahidi, was a role model to black women. Or that time when she tried to make "Black Panther" about her. Now, Rodriguez is under heat again, this time for rapping the n-word and being "sorry, not sorry" about it.
Rodriguez posted an Instagram story of herself singing along to "Read or Not" by the Fugees while getting her hair and make-up done. In the short video, she can be seen singing the lyrics, including the n-word, and laughing. Rodriguez deleted the video quickly, but not quick enough. Twitter was, to say the least, not pleased.
- Gina Rodriguez Apologies For Using N-Word Amid Social Media ... ›
- Gina Rodriguez Apologizes for Singing the N-Word | PEOPLE.com ›
- Gina Rodriguez says the N-word in Instagram video ›
- Gina Rodriguez apologizes for singing n-word on Instagram ... ›
- Gina Rodriguez faces more accusations of anti-blackness after ... ›
- Gina Rodriguez apologizes for using N-word while singing on ... ›
- Gina Rodriguez apologizes for singing the N-word on Instagram ›
- Gina Rodriguez Posts N-Word Video On Instagram, Apologizes ›
- Gina Rodriguez said the n-word on Instagram, then issued a weak ... ›
- Gina Rodriguez comes under fire over her use of the n-word - CNN ›