The vaccines have made a lot more people feel safe enough to go out and socialize. However, everyone is getting back out there at their own pace and with the Delta variant raging, many still feel like staying at home.
"Late Show" host Stephen Colbert says that after a year and a half of the pandemic, he's "running out of excuses" to avoid certain social situations.
To help people blow off their friends and family members who want to hang out, Colbert, his bandleader John Batiste, and the Stay Human Band made a funny song listing all sorts of bizarre excuses.
Surely you can get out of anything if you claim to be possessed by a ghost, trapped in a dark well, or stuck in quicksand, right?
(The song may be funny, but the real highlight is Colbert's stick-on soul patch.
Stephen Colbert's "Excuses Song" feat. Jon Batiste & Stay Humanyoutu.be
The video is fun but it also has a deeper message. If you're still feeling uneasy about going out, you're not alone. There are a lot of people out there who are slowly dipping their toes in the social waters to see if it feels right. While others are waiting for the Delta variant numbers to drop before making the scene.
Your health is your choice and if you don't want to risk it, just tell them that your hands were turned into stumps by a witch. That should do the job.
- Jon Stewart promotes Wuhan lab-leak theory on 'Late Night ... ›
- Stephen Colbert Asks A Question. She Rolls Her Eyes. Perfection ... ›
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are joining forces for animals ... ›
- Stephen Colbert mocks NFTs with a heist trailer - Upworthy ›
- Chef José Andrés told Stephen Colbert how we can all use our talents to change the world - Upworthy ›
- Teachers reveal the craziest excuses that were true - Upworthy ›