Having an emotionally fragile parent can leave lasting damage.
If you grew up with an "emotionally fragile" parent, chances are, you didn't have the typical, idyllic childhood you often see in movies.
Maybe your parent lived with debilitating depression that thrust you into the role of caregiver from a very young age.
Maybe your parent was always teetering on the edge of absolute rage, so you learned to tiptoe around them to avoid an explosion. Or maybe your parent went through a divorce or separation, and leaned on you for more emotional support than was appropriate to expect of a child.
- To Raise Resilient Kids, Be a Resilient Parent - The New York Times ›
- When Mom Is Emotionally Unstable. Seven Ways To Heal. - Dr ... ›
- Children with Emotionally Immature Parents — Exploring your mind ›
- 7 Signs Your Parent Is Emotionally Immature ›
- 15 'Habits' of People Who Grew Up With an 'Emotionally Fragile ... ›
- 10 Signs Of Having An Emotionally Unstable or Unavailable Parent ... ›