As the old quote goes, "Life is like a ferris wheel. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. In the end, you just have to learn to enjoy the ride."
Nobody knows that better than Ronnie Foster, a retired Department of Transportation worker in North Carolina.
Foster was en route to his final chemotherapy treatment for colon cancer at a local hospital when he stopped by a Short Stop convenience store Beulaville. He won $5 off of a $1 scratcher and decided to double-down and get two more tickets with his winnings.
- Draw Games | California State Lottery ›
- Mega Millions, Powerball, and lottery winners who lost every penny ... ›
- Winning Numbers ›
- Winner of $1.5 Billion Lottery Comes Forward (Well, Sort of. Through ... ›
- Two-time lottery winner Robert Stuart still lives in the same trailer ›
- A $180 Million Lotto Winner's Massive Mountain Estate - WSJ ›
- Man won $60 million lottery after playing same numbers for decades ›