Jasmine has been used as a natural treatment for depression, anxiety, and stress for thousands of years. Oil from the plant has also been used to treat insomnia and PMS, and is considered a natural aphrodisiac. It turns out, our ancestor's instincts to slather on the oil when they wanted a little R&R were correct.
A study, published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, and according to Professor Hanns Hatt of the Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany, revealed that jasmine can calm you down when you're feeling anxious.The results can "be seen as evidence of a scientific basis for aromatherapy."
"Instead of a sleeping pill or a mood enhancer, a nose full of jasmine from Gardenia jasminoides could also help, according to researchers in Germany. They have discovered that the two fragrances Vertacetal-coeur (VC) and the chemical variation (PI24513) have the same molecular mechanism of action and are as strong as the commonly prescribed barbiturates or propofol," says the study.
- Jasmine Renewal Spa Relaxing Bath and Body Gift Basket Set, Large ›
- Best Price on Jasmine's Crib - Perfect for Relaxation in Genting ... ›
- Villa Jasmine - Luxury & Relaxation - Villas for Rent in Mellieha ›
- Great relaxation - professional staff - Review of Jasmine Spa, Dubai ... ›
- Jasmine: its Story in Aromatherapy | Tim Noonan Consultant ... ›
- Watch Out, Vanilla! This Is the Ultimate Scent for Relaxation | Brit + Co ›
- Intoxicating fragrance: Jasmine as valium substitute -- ScienceDaily ›
- Soft Music for Healing | Jasmine Incense | Peaceful Sleep ... ›
- 6 Aromatherapy Essential Oils for Stress Relief and Sleep | HuffPost ... ›
- Scents for Relaxation and Sleep | Sleep.Org ›