At Trump's 'Social Media Summit' on Thursday, he bizarrely claimed Arnold Schwarzenegger had 'died' and he had witnessed said death. Wait, what?!
“Arnold Schwarzenegger ... You know what? He died ... I was there.” - President Donald J. Trump — Arnold Schwarzenegger is, in fact, alive— Hunter Walker (@Hunter Walker)1562875969.0
He didn't mean it literally - thank God. You can't be too sure! After all, he seemed to think that Frederick Douglass was still alive in February. More recently, he described a world in which the 1770s included airports. His laissez-faire approach to chronology is confusing, to say the least.
The president was talking about Apprentice ratings when he quipped that Schwarzenegger “died.” Real life and death stuff.— Hunter Walker (@Hunter Walker)1562876044.0
Even so, his use of language was hyperbolic. When the President speaks, don't you sometimes get the feeling that he's hysterical? Overly dramatic? On Adderall he snorted only moments earlier? Yeah, me too.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, former Governor of California and even more former Mr. Universe, didn't take Trump's bizarre slander lying down. While not as unforgettable as "I'll be back" or "Hasta la vista, baby!", the Austrian-born, self-made man's response resonated online.
I’m still here. Want to compare tax returns, @realDonaldTrump? https://t.co/lMQHsE1bQK— Arnold (@Arnold)1562879673.0
Twitter applauded Schwarzenegger's clapback.
@Schwarzenegger @bobclendenin @realDonaldTrump Of course he’s not gonna compare himself to you. He’s a chickenshit,… https://t.co/bycJowQ1Zr— Joshua Lander (@Joshua Lander)1562883628.0
@Schwarzenegger @speculawyer @realDonaldTrump Drag him https://t.co/fDwMqOSLLY— Susan Doyle (@Susan Doyle)1562900700.0
@Schwarzenegger @SusanDoyle1963 @realDonaldTrump Arnold. Please call on his humanity. He is killing children. You’… https://t.co/IAFblRewCg— Amy Miranda (@Amy Miranda)1562900820.0
Now there's a headline I'd love to see: "Arnold Schwarzenegger appeals to Trump's remaining shreds of humanity, closes anti-migrant concentration camps." Make it happen, universe!
This article originally appeared on Someecards. You can read it here.
- Here's one former Army sergeant's opinion on how (and how not) to ... ›
- States are stepping up for the environment, and it's working ... ›
- Upworthy ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says his parents abused him because they ... ›
- The Best Acting From Arnold Schwarzenegger Comes When He's ... ›
- gov. arnold schwarzenegger ›
- See why Arnold Schwarzenegger refuses the label 'self-made ... ›
- Bill Nye and Arnold Schwarzenegger have some advice. ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is taking the oil companies to court with a ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's caring response to a depressed fan is a ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger responds after Trump says he 'died' - SFGate ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger mocks Trump on coal, asks if he'll bring ... ›
- Schwarzenegger to Trump: 'Don't touch California. If you want to drill ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger ridicules Trump with tax return jibe after ... ›
- Arnold vs. Donald: Schwarzenegger takes shots at Trump during ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Condemns Trump's Attacks on McCain ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger jabs Donald Trump after comments about ... ›
- After Donald Trump Declared Arnold Schwarzenegger 'Died' the ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Responds to Donald Trump Saying He ... ›
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminates Donald Trump Over 'He Died ... ›