As the African proverb says, "It takes a village to raise a child." It also takes a village to care for an elderly person with dementia as well.
Caring for someone with dementia usually requires a team of in-home caregivers, outside healthcare workers, and family members. The patient must be under constant supervision, take multiple medications, be fed, have their hygienic needs met, and be driven to and from doctor visits.
All the while, the patient needs to be given the opportunity to spend the rest of their days as happy and comfortable as possible.
- Teen Creates App That Helps Those With Alzheimer's Recognize ... ›
- Autistic Teenager Creates App To Help People On The Spectrum ›
- Meet the Teen Coder Beating Alzheimer's w/ Face Recognition ›
- Teen codes app for Alzheimer's patients and other news - BBC News ›
- Teen Develops SafeWander: Innovative Alzheimer's App ›
- A 14-Year-Old Made An App To Help Alzheimer's Patients ... ›
- Vancouver teen develops app to help detect Alzheimer's disease in ... ›
- Teen Creates App to Organize All The Family's Caregivers After ... ›