'Supergirl' actress Melissa Benoist opened up about her experiences with domestic violence to 'empower others'
One in four women and one in seven men will be victims of intimate partner violence in their lives. However, much of this violence goes unreported. Only 25% of physical assaults against women are reported to the police each year.
Even Supergirl has experienced domestic violence. For the first time, actress Melissa Benoist opened up about her own experiences with domestic violence on her Instagram page. In a 14-minute video, Benoist spoke about her abusive relationship, which she compared to a "runaway freight train."
- Supergirl's Melissa Benoist Says She Is a Domestic Violence ... ›
- Melissa Benoist, 'Supergirl' star, on surviving domestic violence ›
- "Supergirl" Star Melissa Benoist Opened Up About Being A ... ›
- Chris Wood Supports Melissa Benoist After Domestic Violence Post ... ›
- Melissa Benoist reveals she's a survivor of domestic violence | EW ... ›
- 'Supergirl' Actress Melissa Benoist Opens Up About Domestic ... ›
- 'Supergirl' actress Melissa Benoist reveals past domestic abuse ... ›
- 'Supergirl' actress Melissa Benoist opens up about domestic violence ›
- 'Supergirl' Star Melissa Benoist: "I Am a Survivor of Domestic ... ›
- Melissa Benoist Reveals She's A Victim Of Domestic Abuse - YouTube ›