Sixteen-year-old Noor Alexandria Abukaram, a cross country runner at Sylvania Northview High School in Ohio, ran her personal best in a 5k, 22:22, last weekend.
She didn't win, but it was a district meet and those who did well had a chance to advance to a regional event next weekend.
After crossing the finish line, she hugged her friends and mother, then looked to the scoreboard to see her time but nothing appeared. She thought there must be a mistake.
- High schooler disqualified from Ohio race for competing in a hijab ›
- OHSAA considering changing rules after local runner disqualified for ... ›
- Ohio student says she was disqualified from 5K for running in hijab ›
- Muslim Student Athlete Disqualified From Race for Wearing Hijab ... ›
- Ohio cross-country runner disqualified for wearing hijab without a ... ›
- Student runner says she was disqualified over her hijab - CNN Video ›
- Cross Country runner disqualified for competing with hijab ›
- A high school athlete ran her personal best but was disqualified for ... ›