If you're a Game of Thrones fan, then Gwendoline Christie aka Brienne of Tarth needs no introduction. While there was disappointment surrounding the finale, and the last season in general, Christie's character was one of the few to remain near and dear to the hearts of fans throughout it all.
Fans wept when they finally witnessed Ser Brienne of Tarth get knighted after six seasons of being one of the most honorable and integrity filled characters to grace the Game of Thrones screen.
Similarly, Brienne of Tarth's final tribute to Jaime Lannister left people both misty-eyed and eager to dedicate countless memes to the moment.
Well now, months after the Game of Thrones finale, Christie has re-entered the zeitgeist of memes and adoration following the news that she was nominated for an Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a drama.
Naturally, people are really happy for her, but the way she got the nomination is just as inspiring as the honor itself. Since HBO foolishly didn't submit Christie, she took the initiative to submit herself. While it's not completely rare for actors to submit themselves for Emmys, it is very rare for them to secure the nomination.
If the powers that be at HBO have read any of these tweets, then they certainly know where they went wrong.
Fans are already preparing themselves for her to win.
Even if she doesn't secure an Emmy, she has stiff competition and is in supremely good company, so it's a win-win.
Christie wasn't the only Game of Thrones cast member to submit herself in lieu of an HBO submission. Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, and Carice van Houten, who plays Melisandre also submitted themselves and secured nominations for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama, and Best Guest Actress in a drama respectively.
Good on all of them, for knowing their worth and picking up the slack where HBO went wrong.
This article originally appeared on SomeeCards. You can read it here.
- Gwendoline Christie Got A 2019 Emmy Nomination By Submitting ... ›
- Emmys: 'Game of Thrones' stars submitted themselves when HBO ... ›
- HBO didn't help Gwendoline Christie get her Emmy nomination, so ... ›
- Gwendoline Christie Submitting Herself For Emmy Consideration ›
- Game of Thrones actress Gwendoline Christie nominates herself for ... ›
- Gwendoline Christie Self-Submits Herself For Emmy Nod | PEOPLE ... ›
- Fans Love That Gwendoline Christie Submitted Herself For An ... ›
- Gwendoline Christie Gets Emmy Nom for 'Game of Thrones' ›
- HBO Didn't Put Gwendoline Christie Up for an Emmy Nomination ... ›
- Gwendoline Christie Emmy: "Game of Thrones'" Gwendoline ... ›