11 million children in the US live in food insecure homes, so this new partnership is helping bring meals to schools
Imagine trying to focus while hungry. It's challenging, right? Your stomach continuously rumbles, resembling a thunderous freight train, therefore causing a physical discomfort you wish would cease. You probably rummage through your fridge for a solution, settling on leftover Chinese from the night before or ordering delivery from your favorite spot.
An easy fix for a simple problem.
Now imagine you're a kindergartner, trying to focus on your schoolwork while hungry. Only, instead of having the option to grab a quick snack from your lunchbox, you're forced to endure the hunger because your family can't afford something to eat. Unfortunately, due to growing poverty and hunger rates within the U.S., that is the reality one in seven children in the U.S. face.
No Kid Hungry
More than 11 million children in the United States live in "food insecure" homes, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). This means those households don't have enough food for every family member to lead a healthy life.
- There's a wonderful reason why Mister Rogers always said aloud ... ›
- Upworthy ›
- Kind man pays off lunch debt for 400 students, starts a chain ... ›
- How Could We End World Hunger By The End Of The Day Today ... ›
- How one small change got more students eating breakfast regularly ... ›
- Upworthy ›
- I Wish This Gut-Wrenching Story Were Actually Unique, But In Truth ... ›
- Listen to a Grammy Award winner's song about world hunger. It's ... ›
- hunger ›
- A photographer's creative approach draws attention to childhood ... ›
- The Effects of Childhood Hunger | Move For Hunger ›
- Child Hunger and the Importance of Keeping Our Communities ... ›
- Why does America have hungry kids? - CNN ›
- Governor and First Lady Fight Childhood Hunger Initiative ›
- World Child Hunger Facts - World Hunger Education - World Hunger ... ›
- Child Hunger in America | Save the Children ›
- Facts About Child Hunger and Poverty - Children Incorporated ›
- 6 startling facts about child hunger in the U.S. -- and how you can help ›
- Facts About Child Hunger in America | Feeding America ›
- Hunger Facts | No Kid Hungry ›